Skip to content
- The Meat Cellar (a steakhouse/butcher shop) is seeking a butcher to join our team. The position will be largely based in Claremont and requires both product knowledge, exceptional customer service skills and managerial ability.
- A salaried member of the management team, the butcher is responsible for all aspects of daily operations including sales, product quality, profitability, expense control, buying, merchandising, labor, regulatory compliance, and special projects as assigned. Specific responsibilities include:
- Set and achieve the highest standards of retail and restaurant sales.
- Maximize productivity, efficiency and productivity through proper scheduling and analysis of product ordering, transfers, rotation, waste and spoilage.
- Implement and maintain log of cooler temperatures and area maintenance.
- Develop and maintain creative store layout and product merchandising.
- Achieve sales, margin, expense, and labor targets.
- Maintain proper product assortment, merchandising, and inventory control.
- Ensure products are consistent among all locations.
- Follow and comply with all applicable procedures and regulations, including Weights and Measures, FDA, health and sanitation, Department of Labor, ADA, HAACP, OSHA and safe work practices.
- Ensure that Team Members operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Ensure proper care and maintenance of all equipment.
- Keep all cases and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge; maintain awareness of new products and regularly incorporate new products into the overall product mix.
- Manage employee break schedules to ensure compliance with labor laws and company practices.
- Closely monitor hourly employees and cut positions as needed to maintain efficiency.
- Build a positive work environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, effective and timely communication and exceptional morale.
- Select, train, develop, mentor, motivate and counsel Team Members in a manner that builds and sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover.
- Effectively delegate and empower Team Members.
- Model and deliver outstanding customer service.
- Follow through on all customer questions, requests, and resolve concerns as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks effectively
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building and leadership skills, including ability to choose team members and place them into positions in which they will thrive and maximize potential
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Proficient mathematical skills to calculate margin, monitor profitability, and manage inventory
- Basic to intermediate proficiency with computer applications and programs including email, Microsoft Office, and operations related applications
- Possess a current ServSafe certification
Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Desired Work Experiences
- 2+ years of Leadership experience
- Customer Service Focus
- Team Building
- Employee Relations
- Store Operations (Inventory, Labor Management, Cost Control)
PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW AND WE WILL SEND YOU A APPLICATION:
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.